Wednesday, December 14, 2011

diy | no sew tutu

So as I've promised, here's the look!
♥ No Sew Tutu made by her Ninay ♥
I posted a sneak peek on Instagram @myeapprentice
Sneak Peek
Ninay (this is what she calls her Auntie Ann), her Auntie chelle and I were in the kitchen having our breakfast. It just came to my mind that Kady was asking me to make a ballerina dress for days now. She's not into ballet lesson. Here in my town, we don't have any school for ballet.We have to go to the nearest city and it is 2 hours drive from here. I don't think it's a good idea. If she will enroll, by the time we get there she'll be tired as well. Honestly, She just got the idea from Disney Junior's Angelina Ballerina. From then on, she always dance the steps that Angelina taught from TV and started asking me where she can get ballerina dresses.

As a mommy, I looked from the internet how to make a tutu. Thanks to  youtube, I got the idea that you can make one without sewing and it's cheaper. All you need is just simple things that you actually have at home. If you wanna get the look, keep on reading. I'll tell you what we did. 

What you need:

4 yards of tulle (whatever color you like and how many yards)
3 yards of satin ribbon
Scissors
Ruler

Here's how:

Measure your little girl's waist. Tie a knot on each end of the size of the waist (make sure you add another 20 inches on each end for a ribbon)
Unfold the tulle. Roll up. As you roll the tulle, you wanna make sure that it has no wrinkle on it. Once you get all the way rolled up, what you wanna do is to cut the edge where the thickest part is. Measure every 3 inches and cut. Cut a bunch of it. After that, get your tulle and fold it in half and cut. But if you want a longer tutu, just fold it or keep it one length. Okay, take the tulle and fold it in half and then tie it in the ribbon. Make a loop and pull the other pieces through. Pull tight all the way to the knot. Keep doing this until you get to the end.   

For the tutu that we made, we did one of each color. One purple then one pink (alternate). It's really fast. It will take probably half an hour to 45 minutes. So, have fun in making your tutu.

More pictures....




Then, I put on her purple blouse, light pink stockings with flowers and her sequinned doll shoes.






Make a bun on her hair and add head piece to make the look complete.





Now she's happy and pretty!
We decided that she's gonna wear it on her Christmas party in school this coming Saturday. I'm gonna post some of the pictures here, too!

toodles 

Where else you can find me:


Instagram: (IG) : bloggista 
Twitter mYestarfysh  
Facebook: Bloggista 

No comments:

Post a Comment